La Mirada Home Sales ~ La Mirada Real Estate Report
La Mirada, CA is one of those cities in So Cal I love working in for many reasons.
If you lived in La Mirada you would be one of approximately 50,000 residents living here. La Mirada is also home to the well known Biola College, a private Christian University.
Single Family Home Activity for September:
- 58 up slightly from 53 re-sale homes currently for sale compared to 53 last month and 42 previously.
- 23 pending sales, slightly more than 21 last month and down from 37 July.
- 38 homes closed escrow, up from 29 last month and down slighly from the peak last month at 40, compared 35,39,35,35,19,19 in 2009.
- $396,000 was the median sales price for a single family home with an average of 1600 square feet.
I sold and closed the home pictured right, closing in Sept. for $440,000, 3 bedrooms & 2 baths, beautifully updated. This home was near Biola College and is very typical for the construction of homes in La Mirada.
Condominium activity for September:
24 condos are currently for sale, about the same as the past few months.
3 pending sales, (in escrow) slightly more than the past few months.
- 8 properties closed escrow, compared to 6,9,3,1,2,0,5,8 since the first of the year.
- $220,000 was the median condo sales price with an average of 945 square feet, with an average days on the market of 49.
Photo left is an example of a condo I sold and closed in September at just under $200,000. It’s located in the La Mirada Landmarks, a beautiful 55+ community.
Like the theater? La Mirada is home to the La Mirada Performing Arts Center showcasing talented performers in exciting productions.
If you’re like me and love the outdoors you will definitely appreciate the beauty of the city in the La Mirada Regional Park.
There are so many things to love about this place, there’s something for everyone, from frisbee golf, local fishing, tennis, swimming, to one of the most inovative child playgrounds I’ve enjoyed in a very long time.
If you love this park, it gets even better, parking and admisssion is FREE.
Need more reasons to consider La Mirada, check it out, why to live in La Mirada here.
If you lived in beautiful La Mirada, California you would be approximately:
- 27 miles east of LAX ~ Los Angeles International Airport ~ Los Angeles, CA
- 23 miles north/west of John Wayne Airport ~ Santa Ana, CA
- 36 miles west of Ontario International Airport ~ Ontario, CA
- 10.5 miles north/west of the “Happiest Place on Earth” Disneyland ~ Anaheim, CA
Little known fact, (something I love to share, you know something not easily Googled, one of those things you know if you’re a local) a very small portion of La Mirada is actually located in the County of Orange!
If you’re considering buying a La Mirada home contact me, Lynda@PreferredHomeBrokers.com . See more at my Living In La Mirada and see why La Mirada was also named ‘One of the best places to live” by Money Magazine.
Text or direct: (714) 595-1494 Preferred Home Brokers, successfully serving home buyers and sellers for over thirty years. ~ CA DRE License #00402040.
Data source, SoCal Multiple Listing Service 200